US residents who are 70 ½ or older can make a sizable gift from an individual retirement account (IRA) to Back to God Ministries International AND reduce their taxable income.
Benefits of Giving From Your IRA
- Convenient. An easy way to give to Back to God Ministries International.
- Tax-wise. Distributions made directly to charity are not treated as taxable income. This is advantageous even if you do not itemize deductions on your tax returns!
- Promises kept. Gifts from your IRA can be used to fulfill any charitable giving pledges previously made.
- Impactful. Gifts are tax-free to Back to God Ministries International. The entirety of your gift will go toward ministry!
You can give from your IRA to ministry without any federal tax liability, as long as the gifts are qualified charitable distributions (QCDs). Distributions qualify for all or part of your required minimum distribution (RMD).
- IRA holders must be age 70 ½ or older at the time of the gift.
- Give up to $100,000 per year as a single person or $200,000 per year as a married couple from separate accounts.
- Gifts must be outright gifts made directly to a charitable organization.
- Distributions to donor-advised funds, charitable trusts or for charitable gift annuities are not permissible.
- Distributions may only be made from traditional IRAs or Roth IRAs; other retirement accounts are not eligible.
Canadian Resident? See our page on giving from your RRSP or RRIF.